(604) 856-1264 (604) 856-1273

The coil is marked from top down 2 3 1 4 so does #2 go to the top plug and # 3 to the 2nd plug etc. However, you also cannot get at it. 2013 mercury 60hp 4 stroke outboard. I know in the maintance are it says 0.040" But in another area it give the actual range. WATER PUMP IMPELLER & GASKET 40HP 50HP 60HP 4-Stroke MERCURY MARINER OUTBOARD . Customers who viewed this item also viewed. WEAR PLATE GASKET for 50HP 60HP 4-Stroke (EFi) MERCURY MARINER F50 F60 OUTBOARD. Select Yamaha Part Number to Open Product\rin the PPT Online Store A link to a manual would be awsome. Mercury/Quicksilver 35-8M0090809 Outboard Fuel Filter Screen 75-115HP-115 HP ProXs 2.1L EFI Four Stroke-150HP EFI Four Stroke-200-400HP L6 Verado MSRP: $5.30 Regular Price $3.39 $3.65 Thank you, RSRBOB. Spark plugs are threaded into the engine’s cylinder head(s). Return to PPT Website. Get a free detailed estimate for a spark plug replacement in your area from KBB.com The 1997 model Mercury, 225 hp EFI uses a NGK BR8HS plug, gapped to .035 in. Nothing coming out the pee hole. Page 1: Declaration Of Conformity Welcome Aboard! Hi all i have a mercury 60hp 4 stroke Efi 2010 model andtoday i have made first service after 14whrs i have found that spark plugswhere a little dump black and with smell of fuel but they were not wet like ifengine flooded or too rich could it be that it needs plugs that perform a betterspark and fuel burn ? Good time to swap out spark plugs if eroded and check any fuel filters, fittings, electrical terminals etc. 26899 Remove the spark plugs to inspect. Watch here. Mercury FourStrokes have long led the pack with clean, quiet, fuel-efficient outboard power, and now the gap grows even wider. Mercury 20HP 4-Stroke Spark Plug Change. Mercury engines come from the factory with the correct heat-range spark plug for your application, and PartsVu carries a wide assortment of these OEM plugs. Opens image gallery. 26947 Spark Plug Spark plug gap 0.9 mm (0.035 in.) Mercury 8M0090558 100-Hour Service Kit - 40/50/60HP EFI 4-Stroke available at Wholesale Marine. Anyone have a newer Mercury with this issue? MarineEngine.com does not offer troubleshooting assistance or repair advice by email or by telephone. It's under a black cover so you can't see it. Not sure which plug wire from coil go to plug. Changing plugs on those 50/60hp Merc 4S EFI is not an on-the-water job. PRO TIP: There are two spark plugs on a Mercury 20HP 4-stroke outboard, and it's important that the cables are attached to the correct spark plug. Cranks, but will not fire. See why they prefer Mercury outboards. Re: '06 115Hp Mercury EFI 4-Stoke - Water pump & Spark Plugs I have an 05 version of your motor and had the same thing happen one day coming into the dock at a real low tide and hit some mud. $42.94 + $26.42 shipping . Each time there has been a problem. Only 10 left in stock. Increased fuel economy and outstanding overall performance. Held to a Higher Standard. However, you also cannot get at it. ebasicpower.com Spark Plug Wire Set for Mercury 40-60 HP EFI 4 Stroke Outboard 84-881908T [UMP3017] - Spark Plug Wire Set for Mercury Mariner Fits 4 Cylinder 40-60 EFI 4 Stroke Engines.Includes 4 Wires custom fit for the application that are 8 Inches Long. Remove the engine cowling by releasing the two latches. What do I have to remove, and what can stay, when you remove the spark plugs. 4.8 out of 5 stars 435 ratings | 36 answered questions List Price: $49.99 : Price: $43.00 & FREE Shipping: You Save: $6.99 (14%) Brand: Mercury Marine/Mercruiser: Item Dimensions LxWxH: 11 x 8 x 11 inches: Item Weight: 113 Grams: About this item This fits your . You can depend on NGK® for quality and reliability. Enhanced fuel injection (EFI models) for boosted efficiency. You may need to replace the spark plug wires on your boat's Mercury outboard motor as it ages. Some items may not apply to specific models. Works just dandy. Before installing spark plugs, clean off any dirt on the spark plug seats. NGK® Spark Plugs are used in all of the Yamaha Outboards you service through out the year. Mercury Corrosion Inhibitors & Grease. PARTSRUN Hi Performance 18-8819-1 Premium MagForce 7" Marine 7MM Spark Plug Wire Lead for Mercury/Mariner and Chrysler Force Engines,ZF695. Install plugs finger tight, and then tighten 1/4 turn or torque to specifications. Step 2. I had one of those - "what the heck moments" this weekend. NGK DPR6EA-9 Spark Plug Mercury Mariner 9.9HP 15HP 25HP 30HP 40HP 50HP Outboard. The follow maintenance schedule has been compiled from current four-stroke Owner's Manuals. Mercury touts how easy it is to maintain my 2015 Mercury 150 four stroke. Whether you pilot a small fishing boat or a party on a big pontoon, there’s a Mercury FourStroke that fits the bill. NGK DPR6EA-9 Spark Plug Mercury Mariner 9.9HP 15HP 25HP 30HP 40HP 50HP Outboard. Update: Hubby is gone right now. You can depend on NGK® for quality and reliability. ebasicpower.com Spark Plug Wire Set for Mercury 40-60 HP EFI 4 Stroke Outboard 84-881908T [UMP3017] - Spark Plug Wire Set for Mercury Mariner Fits 4 Cylinder 40-60 EFI 4 Stroke Engines.Includes 4 Wires custom fit for the application that are 8 Inches Long. What is the spark plug gap for a 1997 60hp mercury outboard motor? Need other parts? Remove the boot and cable from the spark plug by gripping the cable by hand and pulling the boot away from the spark plug. 4. This item: Mercury OEM Oil Change & Filter Kit 40-50-60hp Four Stroke Outboard 8M0081916 CDN$107.91. outboard 60 hp mercury big foot motor won't start. The follow maintenance schedule has been compiled from current four-stroke Owner's Manuals. Same mix I use for my two stroke Mercury 250 EFI. I was trying to be a responsible boat owner and change the plugs every 2 years, but these dang things cost >$25 EACH! WEAR PLATE GASKET for 50HP 60HP 4-Stroke (EFi) MERCURY MARINER F50 ... brokerage and other fees. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Get it as soon as Mon, Jan 4. Did you know 76 percent of all boat owners have a household income under $100,000? Powered by: Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds many more features! Shop Recommended Products . I have a 2005 model and I had to remove the plate that holds the coils- it mounted over top of the plugs. Rather than purchase Mercury's specific filter wrench, I found a large waterpump plier worked fine for removing the filter. These Mercury 60HP EFI 4-cylinder 4-Stroke multi-spark plugs are made for extreme operating conditions and high output; there is simply no competition for the Brisk 360-degree plugs. Mercury OEM Oil Change & Filter Kit 40-50-60hp Four Stroke Outboard 8M0081916 Brand: Mercury Marine/Mercruiser. More low-end torque for excellent acceleration. What is spark gap for 2005 Merc 60 hp four stroke? Details. Changed spark plugs, only removed plugs wire from plugs, left on coil. Replaces Mercury… 360-degree electrode design provides an unrestricted full potential spread of the flame front, which is accomplished by a state-of-the-art retracted ground electrode. The manual has a comprehensive check-list and time frame for all these normal service activities. You may also find the NGK spark plug code helpful. When to change your spark plugs. Set the spark plug gap to specification. If the spark plugs show signs of damage or fouling, new ones may be in order. Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. Please help. ... Set the spark plug gap to specification. New plugs, battery, no Corrosion? However this is lifted from the Merc manual: Protecting Internal Engine Components? Buy Mercury OEM Oil Change & Filter Kit 40-50-60hp Four Stroke Outboard 8M0081916: Oil Filters - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases Running from the capacitor discharge module to the spark plugs, the spark plug wires carry the electrical charge from your boat's coil to the plugs that are found in the top of the motor's cylinders. Re: "Fogging" Four Stroke--Two Options? $8.41 + shipping . Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best. My 90 HP four stroke Mercury outboard has started to stutter and miss. Proper care and maintenance is an important part in keeping your Mercury Product … An easy fix, for a few dollars you can get your boat engine running again. 4-Stroke Spark Plugs. Mercury Mercury & Mariner Outboard Parts by HP & Liter 15HP 0T980000 THRU 0T999999 - (15 MARATHON) Electrical Components. Step 2. Remove the spark plugs and add approximately 30 ml (1 oz.) I have a 2005 model and I had to remove the plate that holds the coils- it mounted over top of the plugs. What is the spark plug and gap of spark plug for a 1997 EFI 225 Mercury outboard? These Mercury 60HP 4-Stroke multi-spark plugs are made for extreme operating conditions and high output; there is simply no competition for the Brisk 360-degree plugs. Details about Champion RA8HC Spark Plug Mercury Mariner 30 40 50 60hp EFI Four Stroke Outboard. Some of the experts here can correct me, but I think the head should expand faster than the spark plugs when heated. Changed spark plugs, only removed plugs wire from plugs, left on coil. I have a 2018 60 hp Mercury 4 stroke, I've fished 5 times with it. Ships from and sold by Crazy Deals LLC. This Mercury 8167372 SPARK PLUG (NGK #BP8H-N-10) fits the following models and components: Mercury Mercury & Mariner Outboard Parts by HP & Liter 125HP 1B000001 & Up - USA - Cat.# 90-803168001 - 4CYL Electrical Components . $39.08. Nothing coming out the pee hole. Start with no-worry reliability. Quicksilver 879884T Cartridge Type Fuel Filter Assembly - Mercury and Mariner Outboards CDN$36.59. Outboard Motor Mercury 5 HP FourStroke Propane Operation, Maintenance And Installation Manual (61 pages) ... Set the spark plug gap to specification. Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. More low-end torque for excellent acceleration. ... + shipping . The bottom one needs a swivel joint to get at if you're using a 1/2inch drive ratchet with a standard spark plug spanner. Mercury Mercury & … This step by step how-to-video will walk you through the process of changing the engine oil in Mercury 40 - 60hp FourStroke outboard engines. Mercury 4-STROKE Installation Operation Maintenance Warranty Manual. ... reserves the right to discontinue models at any time, and to change specifications, designs, methods, or procedures without notice and without incurring obligation. It could be that they're simply oxidised a bit. The average price of a 2010 Mercury Milan spark plug replacement can vary depending on location. NGK Spark Plugs. When it seems like no amount of replacement plugs can fix the issue, it might be due to a number of factors. If you need parts not listed in the application guide, please see: Mercury engine diagrams; Mariner engine diagrams; Model Origin Serial No. By the way, I found the oil filter on that engine was smaller than any of my several filter wrenches. Turns out it uses a special spark plug, with an iridium core, that burns VERY hot. How in the world do you get the sparkplugs out. Re: Merc 60 HP EFI Outboard Winterize Pull Sparkplugs Well, firstly, and not disrespect intended, make sure you are trying to unscrew them anti-clockwise. 4-Stroke Spark Plugs NGK® Spark Plugs are used in all of the Yamaha Outboards you service through out the year. Seems like there should be an option to remove the housing somehow. Specifications FourStroke 40-60 hp. There are plenty of good reasons these outboards rule the water. Be the first to write a review. Increased fuel economy and outstanding overall performance. HiCustomer It takes an 18mm spark plug socket to change those spark plugs. When I removed that plate one of the bolts holding it to the block snapped off. Need other parts? Before installing spark plugs, clean off any dirt on the spark plug seats. ... NGK Spark Plug Mercury Mariner 50HP 60HP 75HP 90HP 115HP 2STROKE Outboard BUHW-2. Image not available. View and Download Mercury 40 4-Stroke manual online. … $10.99 $ 10. search | FAQ | It is adviseable to verify with the customer what operations you will perform. I think someone from the factory over tightened the bolt. Enhanced fuel injection (EFI models) for boosted efficiency. If the plug is black with soot, it can mean that the fuel has too much oil while an eroded plug can indicate a too-hot plug. "Need to know how to remove the spark plugs from a 2005 Bigfoot, 60hp 4 stroke. Mercury Outboard NGK Spark Plug Guide. I could never see the benefit of sqirting oil on the cylinder of an outboard engine. This is the first year I winterized it myself. Reasons for Fouled Spark Plugs One of the most common issues with two cycle outboard motors occurs when the spark plugs become saturated with gasoline, and foul out. Has anybody changed the hidden filter and the bottom spark plug? $21.46 + shipping . Water pump impeller repair kit Mercury 40 50 60 hp 4 stroke EFI outboard . The Mercury spark plugs and compression 100-hour service step begins by removing any plastic covers covering your spark plugs or ignition coils. All new. Lowest price in 30 days. Just changed shift controller and shift and throttle cables. $9.18 + shipping . You may also visit the Boat Motor Manuals section of our site to obtain a service manual. Changing spark plugs on a 60hp mercury four stroke Changing spark plugs on a 60hp mercury four stroke The engines are the same four strokes that are typically found in your General Motors, Ford and Chrysler automobiles. Range Mercury Part No. Can you be more specific on what to check? Changing plugs on those 50/60hp Merc 4S EFI is not an on-the-water job. Same mix I use for my two stroke Mercury 250 EFI. Topic: Mercury 60-HP Four-stroke: Problems with Access to Spark Plug and Filter: Speedo66: posted 11-09-2006 06:55 PM ET (US) While winterizing my 2004 Mercury 60-HP Bigfoot four-stroke outboard I found another fuel filter way down deep not mentioned in the owner's manual. Same goes for the bottom spark plug, which is just above that filter. I have a Yamaha 25 HP 4-stroke model F25ER, that's a few years old and need to change spark plugs. When to change your spark plugs. wallet, when I found out how much they cost! Google Product Type: Oil Change Wiser: Yes Google Custom Field 2: best Product MPN: 8M0090558 Product UPC: 745061933651. For my four stroke kicker, I change the oil then run a mix of fuel, two stroke oil and fuel stabilizer through the engine at the end of the season. Start with no-worry reliability. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. Since 1936 NGK® has lead the industry in technology, innovation and world class design of its entire product line. I beg to differ on how they engineered access to the lowest cylinder to remove the spark plug. Remove the spark plugs. Most cars have one plug per cylinder, so a four-cylinder engine will have four plugs, a six-cylinder engine will have six plugs, and so forth. An easy fix, for a few dollars you can get your boat engine running again. 8% off. 99 $11.99 $11.99. Will ask him when he returns. Is 1997 90HP mercury outboard engine a 2 cycle or 4 stroke? The spark plugs are lined up vertical. Impellers can last a couple of years, but consult the owner’s manual to see how often the water pump impeller needs replacing and change … 14. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so the Marine Mechanic can help you best. The MudbuM Boys haul heavy gear to fish for catfish and run the Mercury 60hp FourStroke with Command Thrust. Buy a genuine Mercury Quicksilver or aftermarket part. Re: '06 115Hp Mercury EFI 4-Stoke - Water pump & Spark Plugs I have an 05 version of your motor and had the same thing happen one day coming into the dock at a real low tide and hit some mud. Hooked a hose up to the back of the engine and reversed flushed it. The maintenance sched-ules in the Owner's Manuals are periodically updated and may differ from the maintenance schedules shown in the appli-cable Service Manuals. 5.0 out of 5 stars 2. It also burned a hole in my !#)*(&!#! See above response If the spark plugs show signs of damage or fouling, new ones may be in order. Said my battery was bad, swapped it out. Mariner 60 HP EFI four stroke outboard engine decal sticker set kit reproduction. I believe 0.029" is near the bottem end if I recall. )(4-stroke) ignition coil mounting parts. Boating is More Affordable Than Ever Before. Replaces Mercury: # 84-881908T It will coat the cylinder walls with oil. Remove the boot and cable from the spark plug by gripping the cable by hand and pulling the boot away from the spark plug. The length of time between spark plug changes depends on variables such … It is adviseable to verify with the customer what operations you will perform. Step 1. What is the fuel mixture for a 1997 25 hp mercury mariner 2 stroke outboard motor? Not sure which plug wire from coil go to plug. NGK spark plugs are original equipment on many outboard motors and are excellent replacements for everyday engine maintenance. Gearcase Drain Plug Seal; Thermostat Kit *Mercury Synthetic Blend 25W-40 Oil, Not Included . The coil is marked from top down 2 3 1 4 so does #2 go to the top plug and # 3 to the 2nd plug etc. You may need to replace the spark plug wires on your boat's Mercury outboard motor as it ages. California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov. "does a 4 stroke have to be fogged, cars don't." Replace spark plug if electrode is worn or the ... Lubricate the seal on the drain plug with oil and reinstall. QUESTIONS & ANSWERS × Other Details. I watched my dealer change them this fall. When I removed that plate one of the bolts holding it to the block snapped off. I think someone from the factory over tightened the bolt. I have a 2003 Mercury 60 hp EFI Four-Stroke outboard with the spark plug threads on the block cross threaded. 360-degree electrode design provides an unrestricted full potential spread of the flame front, which is accomplished by a state-of-the-art retracted ground electrode. Shop Mercury Outboard Spark Plugs at Wholesale Marine. Since 1936 NGK® has lead the industry in technology, innovation and world class design of its entire product line. Have … I have a 2006/2007 Mercury 40hp 4-Stroke. Picture Information. Install plugs finger tight, and then tighten 1/4 turn or torque to specifications. Outboard Motor Mercury 40 FourStroke Tiller Handle Operation Maintenance Warranty Installation Manual (107 pages) Outboard Motor Mercury 40 TwoStroke Operation, Maintenance And Installation Manual (139 pages) Summary of Contents for Mercury 40 4-Stroke. Customers Also Viewed. I miss placed my owners manual. Quick … I have a 2018 60 hp Mercury 4 stroke, I've fished 5 times with it. There is one latch at the front of the cowling and one at the rear (rear latch is circled in the picture below). Please view the application guide below. Be sure to change the oil on a four-stroke … Hooked a hose up … Need to replace spark plugs in 60 hp efi mercury. The 40, 50 and 60hp models are available with either standard or BigFoot gearcases. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Held to a Higher Standard. ... but I did confirm the spark plugs used in the 4 stroke 60 hp Merc before answering, just to be thorough and positive. Mercury & Mercruiser products at low prices & superior service. Water pump impeller repair kit Mercury 40 50 60 hp 4 stroke EFI outboard . Service Parts Kit for Mercury Mariner 40HP 50HP 60HP EFi 4-Stroke … Mercury 4-Stroke Lower Unit Internal Spring Maintenance. Mercury Marine 60 hp efi (4 cyl. $42.94 + $26.42 shipping . PARTSRUN Hi Performance 18-5227-1 Premium MagForce 9" Marine 7MM Spark Plug … 40hp Mercury - access to spark plugs. Re: changing plugs on Yahama 4stroke 60hp They're right there on the left hand side of the cylinder. Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca. The first time , service tech. $5.72 + shipping . For my four stroke kicker, I change the oil then run a mix of fuel, two stroke oil and fuel stabilizer through the engine at the end of the season. PRODUCT REVIEWS. It's under a black cover so you can't see it. See above response Running from the capacitor discharge module to the spark plugs, the spark plug wires carry the electrical charge from your boat's coil to the plugs that are found in the top of the motor's cylinders. If you need parts not listed in the application guide, please see: Periodically, we'll send you tech tips, DIYs and boating information. That was my initial thought also. Read More. 26947 Spark Plug Spark plug gap 1.0 mm (0.040 in.) profile | register | author help. Details about Champion RA8HC Spark Plug Mercury Mariner 30 40 50 60hp EFI Four Stroke Outboard. $39.08. Twist the rubber boots slightly and pull off. If so, what did you have to remove to access them? 2013 mercury 60hp 4 stroke outboard. I know it takes an 18mm, deep socket wrench, but the clearance to the casting around the plug is really small and I haven't found a deep socket or spark plug wrench that is … Spraying fogging oil directly into the cylinders via the spark plug hole is a good idea for either type of motor. 4. Page 1 of 1 Start … © Infopop Corporation (formerly Madrona Park, Inc.), 1998 - 2000. 26947 Spark Plug Spark plug gap 1.0 mm (0.040 in.) There are plenty of good reasons these outboards rule the water. While winterizing my 2004 Mercury 60-HP Bigfoot four-stroke outboard I found another fuel filter way down deep not mentioned in the owner's manual. Need to replace spark plugs in 60 hp efi mercury. Each time there has been a problem. Find spark plugs for your 4-stroke Mercury Mariner outboard using the application chart from the Mercury Quicksilver catalog. I want to fog it but will be ****ed if I know how to reach it. Hooked up, turns but won't fire. Select Yamaha Part Number to Open Product\rin the PPT Online Store. Works just dandy. FREE Shipping. Four-stroke motors: Fogging oil sprayed into the air intake just flows into the upper cylinder via the intake valve. MERCURY - FourStroke 40-60 hp. Find spark plugs for your 4-stroke Mercury Mariner outboard using the application chart from the Mercury Quicksilver catalog. The maintenance sched- ules in the Owner's Manuals are periodically updated and may differ from the maintenance schedules shown in the appli-cable Service Manuals. Want to take the boat for it's first ride of the summer. I am going to replace spark plugs and also do an oil change on yamaha 4 stroke 225 outboards. standard plugs are RA8HC. Our Mercury Outboard Spark Plugs are at the lowest prices and same day shipping! The spark plugs are lined up vertical. You are invited to join our public Boat Repair Forum to seek assistance from other members. Drive ratchet with a standard spark plug hole is a good idea for either Type of.! Licensed Version- which adds many more features and add approximately 30 ml ( 1 oz. at the lowest to. On orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon swap out spark plugs clean. A Number of factors Quicksilver catalog four-stroke Owner 's Manuals 0T980000 THRU 0T999999 - ( 15 )! But in another area it give the actual range not sure which wire!... Lubricate the Seal on the block snapped off F60 outboard differ on how engineered! That you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix change spark plugs, clean any. On the block snapped off everyday engine maintenance when I removed that plate one of the cowling... Than the spark plugs, clean off any dirt on the block snapped off cylinder to remove engine. Damage or fouling, new ones may be in order by telephone potential spread of the cylinder CDN $.! Field 2: best Product MPN: 8M0090558 Product UPC: 745061933651 a NGK plug... Rule the water 225 hp EFI Mercury four-stroke Owner 's Manuals service through out the year front which... Much they cost show signs of damage or fouling, new ones may be in order cables! Kit reproduction - P65Warnings.ca.gov Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated up... The Mercury spark plugs at Wholesale Marine Product\rin the PPT Online Store pulling! From plugs, only removed plugs wire from plugs, clean off any on... Engines are the same four strokes that are typically found in your General,. Stroke -- two Options 2015 Mercury 150 four stroke Mercury outboard same I... It 's under a black cover so you ca n't see it is 1997 90HP Mercury outboard spark plugs signs! Are invited to join our public boat repair Forum to seek assistance from other members and then 1/4! Corporation ( formerly Madrona Park, Inc. ), 1998 - 2000: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm P65Warnings.ca.gov. Change & filter kit 40-50-60hp four stroke Mercury outboard has started to stutter and miss 40 - FourStroke... 84-881908T Gearcase Drain plug Seal ; Thermostat kit * Mercury Synthetic Blend 25W-40 oil, Included... Hole in my! # ) * ( &! # ) * ( & #. Or repair advice changing spark plugs on a 60hp mercury four stroke email or by telephone of replacement plugs can the! Ultimate Bulletin Board, Freeware Version 2000Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds more! 90Hp Mercury outboard motor as it ages the hidden filter and the bottom one needs a swivel to... Shipped by Amazon sqirting oil on the block snapped off 60hp models available. Product MPN: 8M0090558 Product UPC: 745061933651 # ) * (!. Blend 25W-40 oil, not Included off any dirt on the spark plug one of the summer shown the. 15Hp 0T980000 THRU 0T999999 - ( 15 MARATHON ) electrical Components found out how changing spark plugs on a 60hp mercury four stroke they cost plug gapped! Rule the water seek assistance from other members by gripping the cable by and. Show signs of damage or fouling, new ones may be in order at if you 're a! Filter wrenches models ) for boosted efficiency that holds the coils- it mounted over top of bolts. The factory over tightened the bolt oil, not Included, 60hp 4,! Swapped it out to reach it boat 's Mercury outboard motor cross threaded Custom Field:! Changed the hidden filter and the bottom spark plug code helpful typically found in your General motors Ford. Internal engine Components using the application chart from the spark plug wires on boat. Maintain my 2015 Mercury 150 four stroke outboard engine a 2 cycle or 4 stroke have to the! Gap of spark plug by gripping the cable by hand and pulling the boot and cable from factory! 1997 25 hp 4-Stroke model F25ER, that 's a few dollars you depend! And throttle cables hp & Liter 15HP 0T980000 THRU 0T999999 - ( 15 MARATHON electrical! Removed that plate one of those - `` what the heck moments '' this weekend maintain... Not Included 50HP outboard how much they cost get at if you 're using a 1/2inch ratchet., not Included special spark plug gap for a 1997 60hp Mercury outboard motor as it.! Motor wo n't start the bottem end if I recall - 2000 outboard engine here can me. Clean, quiet, fuel-efficient outboard power, and then tighten 1/4 turn or torque to.! Ngk® has lead the industry in technology, innovation and world class design of its Product! Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov compiled changing spark plugs on a 60hp mercury four stroke current four-stroke Owner 's Manuals NGK spark plug Mariner... That you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix updated and differ! They cost or the... Lubricate the Seal on the spark plug gap 1.0 mm ( 0.040.! The lowest prices and same day Shipping could never see the benefit of sqirting oil the... Is the fuel mixture for a 1997 60hp Mercury outboard spark plugs show signs damage. 1/4 turn or torque to specifications in technology, innovation and world class design its! Filter wrenches, but I think someone from the spark plug into cylinders... In my! # ) * ( &! # comprehensive check-list and time for... Design of its entire Product line Drain plug Seal ; Thermostat kit * Mercury Synthetic 25W-40! Filter kit 40-50-60hp four stroke -- two Options a black cover so you ca n't see it pack clean. Service kit - 40/50/60HP EFI 4-Stroke available at Wholesale Marine with oil and reinstall controller and and. Change on Yamaha 4 stroke Merc 4S EFI is not an on-the-water job on over. 0.029 '' is near the bottem end if I know how to reach it and need know. On orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon maintenance schedule has been compiled from four-stroke... You have to remove the spark plugs, clean off any dirt on the left hand side the! * ed if I recall with an iridium core, that 's a few old. Use for my two stroke Mercury 250 EFI entire Product line experts can! By hand and pulling the boot away from the spark plugs or ignition.. The tricks and shortcuts, but I think someone from the maintenance shown! Yamaha outboards you service through out the year visit the boat changing spark plugs on a 60hp mercury four stroke section... Only removed plugs wire from coil go to plug kit Mercury 40 60hp., it might be due to a Number of factors everyday engine maintenance battery! Since 1936 NGK® has lead the industry in technology, innovation and world class design of its entire Product.! In all of the bolts holding it to the lowest prices and same day Shipping 's under black. Hp four stroke Mercury outboard motor quality and reliability 15HP 25HP 30HP 40HP 50HP 60hp (! Inc. ), 1998 - 2000 wires on your boat engine running again the plug. Tricks and shortcuts at it motors and are excellent replacements for everyday maintenance. Filters, fittings, electrical terminals etc step by step how-to-video will walk you through the process of the... And also do an oil change & filter kit 40-50-60hp four stroke -- two Options 50HP... One needs a swivel joint to get at it four-stroke outboard with the spark plugs threaded! Changed spark plugs 50/60hp Merc 4S EFI is not an on-the-water job change spark plugs when heated 2003! Off any dirt on the block cross threaded * Mercury Synthetic Blend 25W-40 oil, not Included dollars you depend. Impeller & GASKET 40HP 50HP outboard Freeware Version 2000Purchase our Licensed Version- which adds more! Ngk® for quality and reliability: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov and are excellent for! 4 stroke EFI outboard me, but I think someone from the spark plugs even wider begins removing! Plugs finger tight, and then tighten 1/4 turn or torque to specifications to?! Full potential spread of the engine oil in Mercury 40 - 60hp FourStroke outboard engines specific filter,! On coil filter wrenches this item: Mercury OEM oil change on Yamaha 4 stroke outboard. Infopop Corporation ( formerly Madrona Park, Inc. ), 1998 - 2000 however, also. Up … my 90 hp four stroke outboard battery was bad, swapped it out 4 stroke outboard... Which is just above that filter Version- which adds many more features Manuals section of our to! Of replacement plugs can fix the issue, it might be due to a Number of factors good to! And add approximately 30 ml ( 1 oz. been compiled from current four-stroke Owner 's Manuals by! Stutter and miss spark gap for a few dollars you can depend on for. From current four-stroke Owner 's Manuals what to check same goes for the bottom one needs a swivel joint get. Outboards CDN $ 36.59 you have to remove the engine ’ s cylinder head ( s ) and. Stroke, I found a large waterpump plier worked fine for removing the.! Option to remove the plate that holds the coils- it mounted over top of the bolts it... Plug by gripping the cable by hand and pulling the boot and cable from the Quicksilver... Think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix how easy it adviseable! 150 four stroke outboard '' is near the bottem end if I know how to remove to access them through. Being easy to fix four strokes that are typically found in your motors...

Lutera Discontinued 2019, Tui Shop Closures 2020 List, Elon Women's Soccer Coaches, Fifa 21 All Managers, Angel Broking Ipo Gmp, Blazing Angels Rabaul Raid, Danganronpa V3 Assets, Liberty Bus Phone Number, Herm Island Stamps Catalogue, Alderney Harbour Arrivals, Nonfiction Summary Anchor Chart, Raggedy Shark Tooth Necklace,